Sunday, July 18, 2010

AlHamdulillahiRabbilA'lamin

Tonight, Sunday 18th July 2010, at 10.33pm, as I sat on my couch and my son sitting across from me on a sofa, and as we watched Angels and Demons, while doing his mathematics homework (believe it or not, I am helping him with his college mathematics), I started my reading of the Tafsir Ibn Kathir (the meaning of the Qur'an compiled by Ibn Kathir).

I have glanced through and I am struck on learning that Allah began His Creation with the Praise, the Hamd (we know, Alhamdulillah, All praise to Allah, that Hamd).

"All praise and thanks be to Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth, and originated the darkness and the light; yet those who disbelieve hold others equal to their Lord." (Al-An'am 6:1)

And ended it with the Hamd.
"And you will see the angels surrounding the Throne (of Allah), glorifying their Lord with praise. And judgement will be made between them (creatures) with the truth. And it will be said, 'All praise and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of all that exist." (39:75)

In the beginning and in the end, His is the Praise.
"He is Allah, there is no god except for Him, His is the praise in the beginning and in the end, His is the judgement and to Him shall you (all) return." (28:70)

My note:
Alhamdulillahirabbila'lamin. We must remember to be grateful to Allah all the time. Alhamdulillah in the morning as we open our eyes from the night's sleep and alhamdulillah before we fall asleep again for the night. And all throughout the day.

11 comments:

  1. Thank u for the visit. Yes knowledge is so wide and you must be thankful that u can still coach yr son his mathmatic. Many would just fade away from the subject. Great new beginning keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. My instinct tells me that you are OG . welcome back OG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contentment is the journey, thanks for the reminder for being grateful to one and only. That's when we are up and happy, and we are down, we count our blessings and back to Alhamdulillahirrabila'lamin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alhamdulilah for His blessing...from the moment i wake up in the morning till the nite comes when i lay in my bed. Alhamdulillah for the air that i breath and the heartbeats. Alhamdulillah that i've found u here...cik aishah...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. After all, life is a journey. Brief for vegetables in my garden but fairly long for us. On a simplistic term, there are points to score to get to better place. Choices and fate are intertwined. ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aishah, it is always good to reflect on life and the Almighty.
    You must be good in Maths, huh? As for me, never did well in school re Arithmetic and maths, otherwise become scientist, ha ha.
    Have a pleasant week and keep a song in your heart, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. are u reading the english or the original Arabic tafsir

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Anonymous, I am reading the English translation of the Tafsir. Thank you for dropping by, do drop-in again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Aishah,

    I am enjoying my journey here very much. And shall follow your blog. Alhamdulillah...the timing must be right for me.

    I enjoy teaching my girls too and try to oversee their homework everyday. Especially Maths! And throw in puzzles and stuff.

    And Uncle Lee! I am very surprised to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think you will like the book Caring Verses, available from MPH and Kinokunia, described by MaryMartin distributer as covering:

    1 Self-Realization - Religious Aspects - Islam
    2. Motivation (Psychology) - Religious Aspects - Islam
    3. Self-Help Techniques

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Anonymous, thank you. I will look for the book the next time I am at MPH.

    ReplyDelete