Thursday, May 5, 2011

Reflection

Today I thought of my husband and the verse 30:21 came to mind.  I looked it up and discovered more.  The following is from Surah Ar-Rum (The Romans/The Byzantines), 30:21-27.


And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.


And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your languages and your colors. Indeed in that are signs for those of knowledge.


And of His signs is your sleep by night and day and your seeking of His bounty. Indeed in that are signs for a people who listen.


And of His signs is [that] He shows you the lightning [causing] fear and aspiration, and He sends down rain from the sky by which He brings to life the earth after its lifelessness. Indeed in that are signs for a people who use reason.


And of His signs is that the heaven and earth remain by His command. For in the end, when He calls you forth from the earth with a single call, immediately you emerge (for judgement).


And to Him belongs whoever is in the heavens and earth. All are to Him devoutly obedient.


And it is He who begins creation; then He repeats it, and most easy is this for Him. To Him belongs the highest attribute in the heavens and earth. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

18 comments:

  1. Blessed are couples who live together happily, support one another and raise 'soleh' children.

    One of my favorite Surahs is Ar-Rahman, particularly where it repeatedly asks: "Which of Allah's blessings are you denying?"

    Grandpa
    Life on The Farm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Grandpa, that verse is on my mind always too. It was one of the verses that helped me go through the period of grief, with the passing of my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i might never have read this passage if you didn't post it here. thanks so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry abt your husband, I meant to ask, but was afraid it might not be appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aishah, So sorry to hear about your loss. Isn´t it a blessing that words written so long ago brings comfort and guidance to so many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ed, the verses are from Qur'an's chapter or surah named The Romans/The Byzantines. Its opening verses deal with the Romans.

    Yes I know Grandpa, I did not use the word late because I could not relate to the word.

    Thank you John, I did feel God's blessings because I had His words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its alright to reflect a little bit... It soothes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God made the decision for you, some had to make decision with God consent.


    Petua dari Lyna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sensed a tone of sadness when I first read this entry, and realised the reason later. Hope my latest entry says something because I mean every word of it. Where we are is where we should be by design, not by accident, and for our good, though we may never get to fully realise and appreciate it.
    All the best, dear girl
    Pakcik

    ReplyDelete
  10. Assalamualaikum Aishah,

    May our hearts be blessed with the ability to understand HIS signs.

    Al-Fatihah to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the third time I've tried to post a comment here. First Eskom switched off the electricity, then Vodacom switched off my Internet connection so we will see what happens now.
    Think, gain knowledge, listen carefully and reason things out. Above all give all to God who is wise beyond human understanding for everything in all of creation is His.
    Don't be sad girl, God loves you and knows just how lonely you are. My heart is on your side. God bless you my humble friend, all my love, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this passage! Poetic, and meaningful.

    I'm sure your husband looks down upon you most favorably for writing this blog. The student is the teacher. For as you know, this is all new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Assalamualaikum and good day, thank you for visiting and leaving your kind comments. I had been busy and I am now off to visit you and see how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think the fact that you still think so highly of your husband, and don't use the word 'late' is commendable to say the least. Many thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Aishah, my husband is not dead to me either, he lives in my heart, my soul, my mind. I admire your spiritual journey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Theanne. I did not realise but all because to you, he was not really gone from you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful quotes that you've got here. I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your loved one in the comments.

    I really like the picture you chose. It portrays tranquility of nature which puts my mind at ease in a single glance. I guess a picture really is worth a thousand words.

    One of the things I appreciate about the verses that you chose to put here on your blog outside of the religious aspect is how beautiful they are written. They are in one word...poetry.

    ReplyDelete